ESG

Not so bad...

Jul 14, 2007

A method to the madness... maybe...

I went to Innsbruck, Austria and spent a day there with Pete before I took a night train back to Florence to go to the Uffizi Gallery. I spent a whole day there after I finally got in and saw some great classical art. Later that night I took a train to Rome and met up with Kevin again. We weren´t able to get a reservation on the train we wanted so we had to leave a bit earlier the next afternoon than I had hoped. We still had plenty of time to wander through the center of the city and see many and it really was everything I hoped it would be! The colleseum was especially exciting and I´m really looking forward to going back to spend a day in the Vatican Museum. So we took a train all night to get to Ghent, Belgium and are with my friends Matt and Kelsey for a few days enjoying the exceptionally weird Ghent Festival. Having a great time and finally found some internet to let you know what's up. None of mine, but I will have some good pics as well:

Innsbruck:

Scloss Ambras in Innsbruck:
The halls of the Uffizi:
A michelangelo painting that I really liked in person:


5000 people a year were _____ here. Fill in the blank.

The main stage at the festival:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dr. Greene......
I do not believe that in my remaining years of my life that I could possibly see as much or traversed Europe as much as you have. You are quite lucky and quite worthy of such an awesome time of your life.
I would love to see a picture of the train, you, you and the train, you the train and your friends!!!!!!!!!! Hey how is the language barrier anyway? How is the food ? What are you eating??? Tell us in one whole day what is your day like...

P.S are going to be able to see the Le Tour De France?

Miss ya. See ya love Mom and Dad

7/15/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]