Canada, North Cascades National Park, London (a little), and Dublin
I left Seattle the next day and began driving. My hands lead me North and I eventually ended up in Canada. I spent a little time in Vancouver, but nothing caught my interest. It was a rainy day as well, so I wasn't in the mood for walking around the city. I hopped back on the road and within and hour I was in Squamish. This is a cool little town at the end of an inlet. The drive out there follows the water along a cliff face and is known as the Sea to Sky Highway, or something like that. It is well named as it eventually ends up at Whistler. There are mountains all around it and the most striking of all is a cliff face called the Stawamus Chief. It is well known for it rock climbing and that may have had something to do with my attration to seeing it, maybe. I decided to take a jog to the summit and the clouds bagan to lift just in time to get an incredible view of the valley. No pictures from this hike because I ran out of batteries, but here are a few.
Since I still had a bunch of time I decided to take a detour out to North Cascades National Park on a scenic highway. It was VERY scenic. Once again, there were some low lying clouds, but they just gave the views a different eerie feeling. It sure made me want to go climb these!
From there I continued on to the airport and a long flight, that went suprisingly fast, later I was in London. It was about 10:00 pm local time so I just made my way to the hostel for the night and woke up early to make my way to London Stansted airport to get a flight to Dublin! This is the main street.
I took the tour bus around Dublin, twice, to get my bearings. Last night I went out to a traditional irish bar (they call them a trad bar) with some guys I met at the hostel, had some Guinness, and saw some local band playing. Really fun.

3 Comments:
Now I am really jealous!!!
Have the time of your life!
Mom
very cool! i'm just emailed the thesis off to the profs and i'm getting on the plane in a few hours. see you in besancon!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]